Friday 21 February 2014

Hartley's ice cream

Hartley's is the Giffords of Cumbria.  If you don't know Giffords, well I have to say you haven't had real ice cream.

Ben & Jerry's is good, but Giffords is the best I've ever had.  Of course it doesn't hurt that it's also located where some of my close family resides and when we visit a trip a day is called for.  But that's another topic…

But Hartley's has something I've never had at Gifford's: Gingerbread Ice Cream.  This is made with real gingerbread from Cumbria, which is considered by some to be the best in the world.  I have to agree that it's the best I've had short of Suzanne's home made gingerbread.

Admittedly, I'm not a great fan of Gingerbread ice cream, being one to traditionally have vanilla, strawberry or something similar.  But, I do enjoy it.

Obviously not something I can bring back home, but if I'm ever in Cumbria, it'll be a trip I have to make, over to Egremont to have a scoop or three.

Until next time…



No comments: