Saturday 1 February 2014

Back to Walking

11 January 2014

I got back to Cumbria and of course the first thing I wanted to do was walk off the holiday calories.  I did some searching about and found a trail on the UK ordnance survey map website.  The trail is over 11 miles total, but I decided, since it crosses a couple of key roads near the cottage, that instead of spending the day out walking, I'd keep it to about 3-4 miles.



It was a sunny day, and it starts on a route I'm familiar with.  Generally walking down to what Suzanne and I call the "River Walk" which runs along the River Bleng.  It's a great walk and I like doing it when I only have an hour.  There is actually a shorter version for when I only have 30 minutes.



These two above are nice views towards the East.  That's Buck Barrow and beyond in the clouds is Scafell.  This walk has some great views.



I had to stop and take this shot of the moss growing on a stone fence.  It's days like these that remind me I'm in England and it's a very beautiful country.



A great walk.  4.0 miles, 2 hours 45 minutes, 141 meter ascent.

Until next time…



No comments: